paidContent 2013 examines how entertainment, advertising, publishing, television and news companies are finding ways to be meaningful and profitable in the ever changing world of content. Featuring some of the best minds in global media exploring how to make money from content and how to create scalable, sustainable media enterprises.
- Startup Showcase
- Aereo and the disruption of TV
- Lessons from the blogging elite
- The evolution of the book industry
- The future of native advertising
- What Betaworks sees in its crystal ball
- The state of play in digital advertising
- How to monetize digital content
- Are Apps or the Web the future for mobile content?
- Tumblr and the future of media
- The Guardian and open journalism
- The impact of personalization and algorithms
- Where the money is going
- The rise of the digital new media entity
The challenge with digital media may be that we are stuck in a platform centric mindset. Technology and the economics of digital distribution cause content stratification resulting in the declining value of both content and platforms. Possibly time to rethink the platform approach and look towards creating more value than your business can consume to grow audiences and revenues in a more sustainable way.